Saturday, September 13, 2008

We’ve only just begun…..to Grant!

klpsupermom
SOSEN Staff
Member

What do you want me to do?
« on: Today at 01:31:30 PM »

I am grateful for everyone’s imput on the inquiry grant letter. Why did it take so long to get action on this? I kept asking for the information on the “how do you plan on doing this” to no avail. Maybe I should back out of this project and let Flowergirl take over since she has much experience. Like I said, I am rather new at the sex offender issues since I too was somewhat uneducated on the myths/facts of sex offender issues up until Feb. 07. I know how to format grants, but without the information which is now being provided, this task was not going to be accomplished. Let me know what you want me to do. I guess I feel my efforts were of no use. sad1
Kathy

equal justice
COO, Media Director
SOSEN Staff
Member

Re: What do you want me to do?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:41:36 PM »

NO NO NO NO!!!!! sad5
Flower girl was on staff here. She was asked to work on this eons ago but posts in national that we never asked her…bull hockey! I did not post that little bit of info because I have put her on the path to reality before and she has never forgiven me for my audacity!

She is NOT dependable. She says she will do stuff and then does not do it.

We DO need you Kathy. Flower girl can be a very valuable asset that we use IN ADDITION to you. We need people who can work TOGETHER on this. Flower girl also has some definate opinions like about the registry and risk assessments that SOSEN does not necessarly back. She can get pretty radical.
We would NEVER be where we are on this if it were not for you Kathy and we NEED you. YouRock YouRock YouRock thanx thanx love1 notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy hello2 hello2 wav wav


lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

Re: What do you want me to do?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:20:20 PM »

NO KATHY!!! Your input is invaluable! Your were supposed to have help from the beginning, remember? LeeLee and Lois were going to help as well as FG. LL had her family issue that is beyond stressfull, Lois is wraping up taxes. Cheryl and I keep so busy that it is almost impossible to oversee everything that needs to get done. We all are all over the country. We are getting bigger everyday.

BESIDES, we have just begun to grant! laughing7 laughing11


klpsupermom
SOSEN Staff
Member

Re: What do you want me to do?
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:59:06 PM »

Thank you Linda and Cheryl,
I responded to Flowergirl and did mention her maybe finishing the project. That was before I posted here. See below my pm to FG:

I had no intentions of using my name and would eventually change that to the CEO. Everyone was talking about doing grants but no one was doing anything. I don’t have all of the information they need to answer the objectives (the who, why, what, where and especially hows!). The only reason I put CHES in there was so the funders realized it wasn’t just from some upset RSO’S. I am new to all of this because of my boyfriend. I am learning about all of this from this group. I did have a hand in the goals and objectives. Maybe you should just finish the grant project.
Thank you,
Kathy

I guess sometimes if you get too much input things can get out of hand. So, please, reread the last draft (Flowergirl’s) and edit that since you know more than I on the beliefs of S.O.S.E.N. (since you said that some of her beliefs don’t necessarily imply the belief’s of S.O.S.E.N.) I have also gathered some more information on grant letter inquiries (they should be brief but concise). In my opinion, you would not want to overwhelm the prospective grant funder with too much information to the extent they become disinterested. Cheryl, yes what you provided in the pm’s IS what I have been looking for…Thank you!!! We will also need a sample budget (estimated $$ needed for plans). This letter is coming along nicely, but like I said, we need it to be specific but not overly wordy. We can expand more fully if we are accepted for a proposal. Thank you Cheryl and Linda for your continued encouragement; sometimes I lack the confidence to proceed. color
Thanks again,
Kathy

equal justice
COO, Media Director
SOSEN Staff
Member

Re: What do you want me to do?
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:04:17 PM »

Kathy,
Boy do I ever understand the lack of confidence thing. It scares me to death to take on responsibility, especially on something I don’t know much about (which is just about everything) If you put my self confidence together with 2 grains of sand you would have….2 grains of sand. Lots of times I am shaking in my boots when I do things…but as much as possible I just do em anyway, I do em afraid, as Joyce Meyers says.
Your particular skill set is needed very badly here. Don’t ever think it is not or that we don’t appreciate the heck out of you.
Like I said, we would not be where we are today with the grant stuff if it were not for you.

No comments: