Thursday, September 25, 2008

*I* am the CEO and she’s *MY* Sarah Tofte

letsgetreal50

Linda,

What’s up with Sarah?

letsgetreal50

For a person who is suppose to be all excited about this symposium and “IS IN,” sure doesn’t seem like she is interested at all. She is disappointing me big time.

lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

I do not know what is going on with Sarah. She has not called me back I was out one week and she was out the other. She speaks all over the country. All I can do is keep trying. Why don’t we just go ahead and write the letters for other speakers just saying that Sarah was invited to speak also

letsgetreal50

Well, Ive made a decision. If I don’t hear from Sarah this week than I’m cancelling the symposium.

I cannot tell you how let down I feel. Very few people even visit the Ok symposium web site because no one gives a good rats ass.

I’ve had more people than I can count ask me if they could help and after I reply, I never hear from them again.

Example: Stick said he would do the bumper sticker. Great, I liked the one he did and asked him for pricing and never heard from him again. I have PM’d him at least 4 times AND HE DOES VISIT THE FORUM FREQUENTLY. THERE IS NO REASON OR EXCUSE TO TREAT ME LIKE THIS.

I’ve had people ask me if they could help on the CFCoklahoma site. I say yes, and never hear from them.

If people arn’t serious when they open their mouth, then they need to keep it shut!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of the sex offender community. Lazy people who dug the hole their in and refuse to help themselves out. They seem to expect everyone to do their part for them.

Most in staff know that when I say I’ll do something, it’s money in the bank. I expect no less from anyone else. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I put in a lot of hours, drove to OK City, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Fuck it! Just FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets

static
SOSEN Staff
Member

I’m at my Gf’s house on the other side of the state right now, and don’t have access to my hard drive, but I’ll get the Ok legal info to you as soon as I can. I have also put out the word about the symposium to many people in my network and they trust my word. Can I guarantee that all or any of them will show up? no. But I gave them my word and if I’m going to be their source of info, they have to be able to trust what I tell them. As for Sarah, who made the decision that the symposium depended upon her participation? There can be other speakers. I was under the impression that we were contacting many people to speak. Why be rude to them and cancel on them just because Sarah hasn’t answered in a time-frame that is acceptable to you? And who in the world told you she would be available to you whenever you beckoned? I’m not trying to be rude here, Lets, but if you make me look like a poor source of info to my network, just because Sarah isn’t at your service, you are doing me, my network, and in the end Oklahoma, a disservice. We don’t have a boat-load of SO’s in Ok. We certainly don’t have many members from here. Thwarting the network I’m trying to build will let me down a bit more than Sarah has let you down. If you want to cancel the Symposium, that’s cool- but do it now, so I can tell all the people that I’ve contacted (trying to make it a success) and tell them in a timely fashion. I’m not trying to pressure you into holding the symposium if you feel that it is not going to work. In fact I have some reservations about it’s success myself, and we can always try some other time- it’s no big deal right now to cancel, and no one can say you haven’t put your all into this. But maybe it would be more successful at a later date- you may be right. What I’m trying to make clear to you is that if we cancel, we need to do it now, to avoid getting in over our heads and embarassing SOSEN and ourselves- either by cancelling at the last minute or holding an amateurish symposium. So Lets- if you want to cancel, we can do that with minimal damage if we do it now.

I just re-read what I’ve written in this post and it reads like I’m griping at you. I hope you don’t take it that way, because I didn’t mean it that way at all. If you cancel, I’ll support your decision. If you don’t cancel, then we need to not base all our hopes on Sarah. If she can do it, she’ll let us know, but we can have other good speakers ready just in case.

bronkv
SOSEN Staff
Member

I’m sorry to hear how you’re feeling Lets, I’d like to help out with the OK Symposium, but with looking after my mother and children, I doubt that I’d be able to attend. I’m sure I could help out with other parts of the Symposium though (brochures, website etc), I just don’t know where to start (maybe we could kick around some ideas in the Education Committee?)

I agree with Static, I don’t think the Symposium depends upon Sarah’s appearance. I think it would be great if we could just get our voices carrying the truth out there, and just make our voices heard. It would also be good if we could get video of it and put it up on the main page.

letsgetreal50

Well, Just when I get to the end of my tether, Sarah Tofte sends me an e-mail apologizing for the delay and promises she will get back to me this week.

Now, we only have 8 weeks to prepare and I have made it clear to the committee that I am as green as a spring apple. I need writers movers and shakers. I’m going back to committee and see if I can move and shake them into action. I do not see that we have enough time,

Stick promised to make bumper stickers for a fund drive. He doesn’t respond to my e-mails, and other members blah, blah,blah. We are running out of time.

equal justice
COO, Media Director
SOSEN Staff
Member

hey Lets, I am glad you got a response from Sarah. I am kinda confused tho, wasnt Linda the contact person for Sarah?
Just wondering.

letsgetreal50

Let’s just be thankful that Sarah responded and will get back to us this week. We have work to do and that is what it is all about. As Static says, his “credibility is at stake.” So is mine, and so it is with others. We have a great opportunity to have a great impact here so we need to focus on that.

lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

I am confused also Rod. I have been cultivating my relationship with Sarah for 3 years. I asked you when I was in the hospital not to contact her, that I would take care of it. I get MANY MANY reporters sent our way because of her. If you want me to do something, I do it. I do not appreciate you writing to Sarah when I asked you not to.

letsgetreal50

Sorry, but my writing Sarah does not interfere with Sarah referring to you or you to her in anyway shape or form. I’m not going to get into any kind of argument or politics. Sarah’s e-mail address is public, and anyone can e-mail her for any reason. She is not owned by anyone and neither am I.

I spent a good two weeks collecting monies and coordinating for you and your husbands move out of VA and into Ohio. Lets just be glad Sarah finally responded, because I was ready to quit this entire effort. I’m very sick and tired of all these RSO’s who do nothing but want everyone to do for them. That makes up 90 percent of our membership. Sorry, thats just where I am right now. It’s one of those things.

I’m a doer and go getter. I don’t have time for those who want to sit on the sidelines.

I wished you knew who and how many volunteered to help with my site AND the symposium, only to never hear from them again. Incredible. It makes one want to throw up their hands and say. Well, I already expressed that

lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

Rod
I do not like my toes being stepped on. You asked me to do something. I did it. The last time I checked I was the CEO. The CEO asked you not to interfere with her contact. You can take care of the whole damn symposium I QUIT

letsgetreal50

Now that’s one hell-of-a-way to treat someone who went ALL out for hours and days on end, to help you and your husband. You have no idea of the phone calls I made across this country to get you out of that evicted slave shack situation. I guess that’s gratitude for you. Ego is a bitch

I think this is more of a ego problem and is reminiscent of the Shirley days. If you want to take your ball and go home, that’s up to you. Pretty immature from where I sit.

lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

Call it what you want. I am nothing like Shirley and you know it. I specificly asked you NOT to write to Sarah, to let me handle it. I worked for YEARS helping her and gaining her trust. You overstepped your bounds. PERIOD I am the CEO here not you. The CEO asked you to honor that request for a reason You KNEW when you wrote Sarah that I would not be happy with it but you did it anyway.

letsgetreal50

Your problem isn’t with me!!! Why Sarah chose to respond to me and not with you lies with Sarah. You have been calling and e-mailing and like you said, You couldn’t understand why she wasn’t responding. You said, she always responds immediately to you. Ask Sarah.

The good news is like I said, she responded and will get back in touch this week.

Letsgitoverit

lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

Rod
I worked with Sarah for 2 years on the HRW report before anyone even knew who Sarah was.I know how busy she is. I am very protective of her just like she is of me. The point is you asked me to contact her and take care of it. I was. I asked you to let me handle it. You totally ignored my request. That is what I am upset about.

letsgetreal50

Well, I didn’t totally gnor you. You had a couple of months to get a reply and that never happened. I did what i thought I had to do because of the late date. I explained to Sarah that the committee was at a standstill until we heard from her. And it was. Time is running out and there is much money to raise and committee will have to get the lead out of their ass and get busy.

Sorry to have disappointed you. Glad Sarah responded. Yes, you are the CEO and I have ALWAYS respected that. I am the committee chairperson and need all the help I can get. When I see someone failing, I’m the one who gets in there and does things to make it happen.

You may feel disrespected and I understand that. However, absolutely no harm done to your relationship with Sarah Tofte, there is no reason why you cannot continue to do what you have been doing.

lindape54
SOSEN/CEO
SOSEN Staff
Member

Rod
I love and respect you. I am sorry. Let us just put this behind us now. We have work to do.
HUGS
Linda

letsgetreal50

Amen, I do love and respect you too.

hugs, Rod

No comments: